Free Khun Htun Oo
27 April 2007
Burma Campaign Japan: Signing Campaign for the immediate and unconditional release of U Hkun Htun Oo, and All political prisoners in Burma Please Link ... Sign Campaign in Japan
Burma Campaign Japan email@example.com
30 March 2007
The SNLD calls for release of Khun Tun Oo, Sai Nyunt Lwin and other Shan politicians sentenced to long term imprisonment.
31 May 2006 First appeal rejected
28 March 2007 Second appeal rejected
A third time appeal can be submitted if it is considered a public concern, says defense counsel Aung Thein. (DVB)
12th Feb. 2007: Statement and legal analysis regarding the Unjust Convictions of nine Shan Ethnic Leaders including General Hso Ten, U Khun Tun Oo and U Sai Nyunt Lwin - Burma Lawyers' Council
Jan 2007: AHRC: Urgent Appeal for Khun Tun Oo and SNLD leaders
11th Sept'06: Petition letter sent to ASEAN
Petition to Free Khun Htun Oo and all Political Prisoners in Burma
Start petition date: 21st May 2006 - Shan Revolution Day.
(11th September 2006 : Khun Htun Oo's 63rd birthday)
12th Feb. 2007:
26th April 2007:
Sign Online Petition:
- Read the letter that will be presented to world leaders
- Sign the petition form here:
the AAPPB report on the torture and deaths of political prisoners.
Mai Soong Kha,
Global Shan Community ask you to give your support and cooperation in making the petition for our imprisoned Tai leaders to the world leaders of the UN, ASEAN and also those who are supporting the Burmese regime.
Our objectives :
- To let the world know that our Tai people are being oppressed and tortured day and night by the successive Burmese regime.
- In order for the UN, ASEAN and other countries supporting the Burmese regime to understand the flight of our Tai people under dictatorship as well as racism adopted by the Burmese regime, to put pressure on the Burmese regime to withdraw back from their dictatorship and to restore true peace and democracy in the country.
- In order for the Burmese regime to make unconditional release of our Tai political leaders who have been given long term imprisonment.
- In order for each and every Tai individual / organization to understand the effect of our joint effort and cooperation in what we can do together commonly. (There will be cases like this for all Tai to join hands for the “Big Bang”. It doesn’t necessarily mean that we have to be in one and the same organization in this kind of campaign.)
- In order for all Tai globally to be able to communicate and join hands more in near future.
Global Shan Community
For more information, please e-mail: Global.Shan@yahoo.com
Completed signature forms can be returned to one of the following postal addresses in UK or Japan. Contact your local Tai/Shan organisation for other local collection addresses:
Global Shan Community (UK)
PO Box 490
Global Shan Community (Japan)
c/o SND Japan
201 Kuroda Kata,
Global Shan Community Logo.
The logo shows the world with a map of Shan State superimposed, showing that Shan State is recognised as an integral part of the world of nations. The nine linked hands represent the nine Tai provinces that make up the Federated Shan States, linked in unity.